Report an Outage
If your power is off:
- Check your home’s breaker panel to make sure the outage isn’t due to a tripped breaker;
- Call your neighbors to see if their power is off so you can determine if the problem exists within your home or on our lines; and
- If discovered that the problem is outside your home, call Central Electric, day or night, 365 days a year. If your neighbors’ power is out, don’t assume others have reported the outage.
To report a power outage:
- Call our 24-hours a day, automated outage reporting system toll free at 1-877-766-6769. When you dial the special 877 number, a recorded voice will instruct you step by step through the process. Our computer will identify your telephone number and cross-reference it in member records, enabling us to quickly pinpoint the outage location.
- Text through our outage texting service. To opt-in to the texting service, text "PWR" to 800-446-7752. Once opted-in (you must only do this prior to your first use), simply text "OUT" to report an outage and then follow the prompts. This will report your outage to the cooperative, and better yet, when you text "STATUS," you will receive restoration updates specific to your outage. You can find out if a crew has been dispatched and you can also see if your power has been restored. ***Before you take advantage of this service, it is essential to log in to the Member Services Portal here and make sure the co-op has your most up-to-date mobile number. The service will not work if the mobile number is not attached to your account.***
If you need to contact the cooperative for any other reason, our office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call us at (919) 774-4900 or 800-446-7752.