Applying for Service: Getting Connected with Central Electric
To apply for service, it is best to come into our office so you can complete necessary forms including a signature card. If you are unable to visit our office in person, we can process applications for service by telephone.
For existing service locations, we can usually reconnect power by the next working day. For locations that have never had electric service, such as a new home, we encourage you to contact us as far in advance as possible. This will allow us to plan ahead and prevent unnecessary delays.
Information Needed to Apply:
- Name to be shown on the account.
- Mailing address for the bill.
- Physical location: any information to help us identify the new service location, such as the street or road name, house number, name of the last person to have service there or nearest neighbor, meter number.
- Phone number where you can be reached.
- Place of employment.
- Driver’s license and social security numbers.
- Name of spouse or other adult sharing residence.
- If renting, name of landlord & lease agreement.
- Security deposit may be required.